Eni (Ente Nazionale Idrocarburi) is one of Europe's leading oil and gas groups. Net sales break down by activity as follows:
- refining and distribution (49.1%): 25 Mt of crude oil refined in 2014 and 44.4 Mt of oil products sold in Europe). At the end of 2014, the group had 3 refineries located in Italy and operated a network of 6,220 service stations located in Europe (of which 4,592 in Italy);
- sales and purchases of natural gas and production of electricity (24.7%): 89.2 billion m3 of natural gas and 33.6 TWh of electricity sold in 2014. The group also transports natural gas;
- hydrocarbon production and exploration (10.8%);
- energy services (10.6%): particularly offshore exploration, engineering, construction and maintenance of hydrocarbon production installations, petrochemical plants and refineries;
- petrochemicals (4.6%): 3.5 Mt petrochemical products sold in 2014 (ethylene, phenols, olefins, styrenes, polymers, and elastomers);
- other (0.2%).
Net sales are distributed geographically as follows: Italy (27%), Europe (38.6%), Asia (14.8%), Africa (10.6%), Americas (8.1%) and other (0.9%).