The British pound rallied a bit during the trading session on Monday, as we continue to see a lot of volatility in this pair and a lot of fight left in the British pound. Ultimately, this is a market that should continue to see quite a bit of interest in the markets once we get a little bit higher, and quite frankly I am looking to fade this pair because the British pound itself is a little overextended and quite frankly there are so many issues out there that it is only a matter of time before you we get some type of selling pressure come back in based upon some type of external pressure.
GBP/JPY Video 02.06.20
It could be the Brexit situation; it could also be the US/China trade position. It is only a matter of time before something negative comes out and spooks the market considering so many different pieces are moving, and therefore I think that a run back towards the Japanese yen makes sense. That being said, if we do somehow break above the ¥135 level on a daily close, then it could change the entirety of the trend and of course the way that the market perceives risk appetite in general. If that is going to be the case, then it is highly likely that the volatility is going to pick up and likely going to see some type of significant move. All things being equal, this is very noisy trading conditions just waiting to happen.
For a look at all of today’s economic events, check out our economic calendar.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- GBP/USD Price Forecast – Which Pound Kicks Off The Week on The Right Foot
- S&P 500 Price Forecast – Stock Markets Continue to Peddle Sideways
- Daily Gold News: Monday, June 1 – Gold and Silver Higher Again
- Crude Oil Price Update – Finishing Under $35.49 Forms Potentially Bearish Closing Price Reversal Top
- E-mini NASDAQ-100 Index (NQ) Futures Technical Analysis – Cautious Buying Just Under All-Time High
- Beijing Fires Back in Retaliation to the Retaliation and Yet the Dollar Slides